Mail Sorters - $17.93 Per Hour
Metro Air Service is the premier U.S. Postal Service THS Supplier with 12 locations nationwide providing excellence in service, safety and security through sorting and logistics of all inbound/outbound mail at our warehouses.
MAS Los Angeles is currently seeking Part-time Mail Sorters for the following work schedules:
Shift times available: 9:00pm-5:00am; Tuesday-Sunday (work hours could change without notice due to Aircraft arrivals)
- Loading, unloading and delivery of truck and aircraft containers.
- Unloading and loading of trailers with rolling equipment.
- Must have strong work ethic – performing job to the best of your ability; completing assigned tasks on time.
- Most items weight under 20 lbs. However, must be able to perform physical labor over several hours, including the repetitive lifting of items up to 70 lbs.
- Stacking of packages, mail bags and mail totes into floor level containers.
- Pull rolling equipment across warehouse floor. Requires pulling empty and loaded equipment.
- Load/unload mail form rolling equipment.
- Load/unload mail from floor-level containers. Requires standing, some bending and occasionally step ladder use.
- Must pass background check and drug screen
- Possess/maintain a valid ID or State driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts, weekends
- Specific shifts to be determined by administrative staff due to operational needs
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during irregular operation
- Male applicants must be registered on the Selective Service System (https://www.sss.gov/Home/registration) and provide the number
- Ability to work in inclement weather
- Ability to receive a clearance from the United States Postal Service
Metro Air Service offers the following benefits:
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Training
- Company 401K
- Company Uniforms
Equal Opportunity Employer
Metro Air Service is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.